Welcome!

This blog is no longer active, come over to www.quiltingbuttercup.com for more.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

How to make your own non-slip soles or socks


 I use this technique to make non-slip soles for my fabric ballerinas, but it works on socks as well.

All you need is your slipper or sock and your hot-glue gun. I am using a fancy blue glue-stick with glitter, that came with my gun.

Prepare the fabric you want to work on.

 
Heat the gun and when, sufficiently hot, trace the glue in the desired pattern over your sole or sock.


When the glue is still warm but no longer sticky, press it to the fabric with your hand, in order to flatten it and to make it adhere well to the fibres of your fabric.

Then leave the glue to cool well.

 
If with time the glue comes off, get out your gun and add some more.


Have you made a project following this tutorial? Let me know what you think. Did you like it? Was it easy to understand and to follow? Do you have any suggestions?
Write a comment or send me an email using the contact form at the bottom of the page.






No comments:

Post a Comment